Tuesday 24 January 2012

Farewell 2011, with a cocktail - 31 Dec 2011



As far as years go, 2011 hasn't been a bad one, but I am more then ready to bid it farewell. In some ways it's because it was my year of 'blah'. While it sounds non-eventful, 'blah' turned out to be worse than the first year we moved back to Australia which was characterised by shock (sometimes amusing) at the new reality of my non-European life. This year felt worse because I finally admitted to myself that I am in fact a bit lost. I then spent much of the year trying, and failing, to work out how to get my groove back.


That's why I am so excited about 2012. I think I've worked it out! It's all about adding new things to my 'Bucket List' and looking at my life with a new perspective. This blog is only nine days old but already it feels as though it's given new purpose to my life. That purpose is writing. I love it, I miss it and I haven't done enough of it lately.


Another thing I love, my family. Tonight I am lucky to be spending New Year's Eve with my fantastic husband, my brother and his girlfriend. This is particularly special because I only get to see my brother Nathan a few times a year. I miss him a million times over. Hence today's picture - a vodka cocktail with my Nathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment