Tuesday 24 January 2012

Happy New Year. It's going to be a good one - 1st Jan 2012




HAPPY NEW YEAR. Hello 2012, I've been waiting for you. Sydney's fireworks really are something else! We had the most incredible night at Opera Bar, with front row seats to the most spectacular fireworks show I've ever seen. It really is the best way to bring the new year in.


So what's the plan for 2012 you ask? It starts with a list - like all good plans should. It's my new Bucket List. You see, I've decided that part of my 'blahness' has been due to the fact there are only two things left on my original Bucket List. These two things are to live in New York and stay in an over-the-water bungalow in Tahiti. The former isn't going to happen any time soon (much to my disgust) and the latter is something I hope to tick off one day/year soon. The result is, I need some new goals to work towards and get excited about. 


This list is the starting point for the positive changes this year will bring. Some are big ticket items on the Bucket List, some are smaller things to focus on and incorporate into my daily life. Here we go:


  • Visit the seven wonders of the world (four to go)
  • Dive in Belize
  • Get more involved in Sydney life and culture - concerts, events, restaurants, shows and sights
  • Take up yoga
  • Achieve a MUCH better work life balance
  • Start writing my travel book
  • Get back to my 'wedding weight' (I know, it's unrealistic but every girl needs a goal)
  •  Go to the beach more




First tick off the list - I made it to Bondi Beach for a swim on the first day of 2012. I'll have the list ticked off by June at this rate. Side note: apologies for the fact I look naked in the pic above. I can promise whole heartedly this is not the case, just a bad angle!

No comments:

Post a Comment