Friday 26 April 2013

Why I'm better with a project - 26th April 2013

I am using my voice and refusing to be a echo
Blogging everyday for a year was theraputic. It was also cathartic. It forced me to stop, look around and absorb the sheer brilliance of all the great things in my life - big and small.  
Since The Perspective Project ended at Christmas, I have, to be honest, been a little lost. I've been missing the purpose it gave me and the sense I was doing something positive in my life each day. The last few months of naval gazing have led me to conclude that I am, in fact, a better and happier person when I have a project. 
So, cue dramatic music. I have an announcement. DA DA DA DAAA.
In a bid to recapture that sense of purpose, I've embarked on two new projects. The Perspective Project will now become a place to share my journey through these experiences and the funny stories that emerge along the way.
In the first instance, I have signed on to be a 'Big Sister' as part of the Life Changing Experiences Sister2Sister program. This initiative matches  ‘at risk’ teenage girls with a 'Big Sister' mentor to help them break the cycle of trauma and past experiences, to provide them with suport and someone to talk to, and help them develop strategies for personal growth and change.
The second project will lead me Uganda in November as part of a Leadership & Immersion program with two fantastic organisations - Business Chicks and The Hunger Project. In a fit of madness I've signed up to raise $10k and send myself to Africa and help women living with hunger and poverty, while also learning some life lessons from these incredible woman who do so much with so little.
Strap yourself in people. It is going to be a bumpy and hilarious ride. I promise to blog honestly about the ups, the downs and the downright funny.
The first positive - no more time for naval gazing. I now have a fantastic teenager in my life and I also need to start fundraising my butt off. The adrenaline is pumping. I do love a project!



No comments:

Post a Comment