Sunday 10 June 2012

To scoot or not to scoot - 25th May 2012

Too beautifully French for words

I’m toying with the idea of getting a scooter. The freedom of weaving through traffic jams and getting everywhere in 10 minutes is very appealing. But on the flip side, do I really want to be riding in the rain and running the risk of a bike-hating driver knocking me off? In London I loved my scooter above all other forms of transport. Maybe it is a European thing. Scooters just seem to belong on the narrow streets of London, Rome and Paris. The pic above was taken in Monaco when we were there in 2008. I remember thinking how groovy they all looked lined up. In Sydney this would just look ridiculous. 
The jury is still out on scooter vs car, but if nothing else, weighing up the options has led to lengthy periods of reminiscing about my glory days spent scooting around London. Such beautiful memories I am eternally grateful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment