Sunday 10 June 2012

How far is too far?– 28th May 2012




For most of my life it never occurred to me that my opinion was something I shouldn’t always share, or that god forbid, people don’t really want to hear what I have to say, despite asking what I think. Over the past year I like to think I’ve gotten better at holding me tongue. Some call this growing up, some call it self-restraint. I call it a daily struggle. 
In this midst of it all I’ve found myself asking how far is too far to push something? While the new me is taking a less passionate and confrontational route, I fear I may lose the qualities that make me me in the process. Today I read this quote that put it all in perspective. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” Cheers to a little perspective. It’s ok to conform, but don’t let go of what defines you in the process. I’m grateful for my strength of character, and I’m no longer apologising for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment