Monday 5 November 2012

The stinky jacket - 2nd November 2012

The offending jacket

Driving to work this morning I noticed a mouldy smell in my car. I put it down to something being wrong with the air conditioner, made a mental note to tell James about and forgot about it. Well, that was until I noticed the offending odour again, not 30 minutes later while sitting at my desk. "That's odd," I thought. Then came another whiff when I moved my arm. "'Holy Shit, it's me that smells, not the car" – this is a direct quote. Somehow my jacket went into the dry cleaners smelling just a tiny bit sweaty and came back smelling like a damp mouldy old cloth. How the bloody hell does that happen???
Worst of all, it was too cold in the office (and I had worn an inappropriate singlet top) to go sans jacket. I also had an important external that required me to smell like a rose, as opposed to a dishcloth. Great way to make an impression in my third week on the job!
Where in all of this did I find something to be grateful for I hear you ask? Thankfully I have an overly strong sense of smell. Two very kind colleagues did the sniff test for me today. Surely that’s a sign I am fitting in. The jacket passed, just. It's good to know it was only me being tortured by the smell and not every colleague and contact I walked past.

No comments:

Post a Comment