Sunday 18 November 2012

Nourishing the soul - 10th Nov 2012


Today was about nourishing my soul, and my heart. For the first time since her operation in February, Mum was well enough to come to Sydney for a girly weekend. I've really missed our special weekends. We spent the day at the 'Mind, Body & Spirit' festival. I fell asleep in a 10 minute meditation class, we discovered Bowen therapy together and we were sucked into buying miracle coconut oil that I am sure we will never use. But the best bit was Mum's company. Ten months ago I was petrified I'd lose her. Every day since then I've been carrying part of that fear with me. Today, I was able to let a big bit of it go. Seeing Mum back to her 'old self' and seeing her strength return is more than I could have asked for. Today I am simply grateful for my brilliant cancer free Mum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment